- ADDRESS 56 East Chicago Avenue Chicago, Illinois 60611
- MLS NUMBER 09641146
- DESCRIPTION Finally available! We are proud to offer one of the only remaining addresses of its kind, 56-60 E. Chicago Avenue. Located on the prestigious little stretch of East Chicago Ave. and Rush Street, the location will steal your heart and imagination. A stone's throw from the Mag Mile and the lake front, this absolute gem cannot be replicated. Originally built in 1891, this gorgeous Victorian building was originally constructed as a 12 story luxury apartment building and proudly houses the second oldest elevator in Chicago. Today, The Amanda Apartments has three large commercial spaces fronting Chicago Avenue and 25 residential units. All are currently vacant and awaiting their transformation. The property has been designated with DX-12 zoning,- the highest and most desirable commercial zoning available in Chicago. This offering will not last long and has only traded ownership twice in the last 125 years. Either reinvent the existing structure or start from ground up!
- Type of Property: Commercial
- Style: Multi Family 5+
- Status: Active
- Year Built: 1891
- Property Class: Multi Family 5+
- cooling None
- Parking 0 spaces
- Garage 0 spaces
- lot description: NOT SPECIFIED
- Tax Amount: $42,806/2015
Listing courtesy of Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices KoenigRubloff
© 2015 Midwest Real Estate Data LLC. All rights reserved.
The data relating to real estate for sale on this website comes in part from the Broker Reciprocity program of Midwest Real Estate Data LLC. Real Estate listings held by brokerage firms other than are marked with the MRED Broker Reciprocity logo or the Broker Reciprocity thumbnail logo (the MRED logo) and detailed information about them includes the names of the listing brokers. Some properties which appear for sale on this website may subsequently have sold and may no longer be available. Information Deemed Reliable but Not Guaranteed. The information being provided is for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.