- ADDRESS 570 Merri Oaks Road Barrington Hills, Illinois 60010
- MLS NUMBER 09751114
- DESCRIPTION The Barrington area was first settled in the 1830s as a farming community, with the Village of Barrington incorporating in 1865. With gently rolling hills, many covered in towering oak trees, natural kettle moraine lakes and ponds, open spaces, the Barrington area in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries attracted affluent Chicago families looking for a summer retreat from the crowded and dirty city, yet within a day’s journey by horse and buggy, and later by automobile or train from Chicago. These new residents purchased farms and built their estates, continuing to operate “gentlemen farms’ with farm managers to run them. With the completion of the Chicago and Northwestern Railway the travel time from Chicago enabled these residents to live in the Barrington Countryside and work in Chicago. In 1921 a group of these prominent Chicago businessmen purchased the 220 acres for the Barrington Hills Country Club and the nucleus of what was to become the Village of Barrington Hills was born.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Type of Property: Residential
- Style: Single Family Detached
- Status: Active
- Living Area: 6604 Square Feet
- Year Built: 1924
- Property Class: Single Family Detached
- Air Conditioning
- Built-In Kitchen
- cooling Central A/C, Zoned A/C
- Parking 4 parking spaces
- Garage 4 Car Garage
- lot description: NOT SPECIFIED
- Tax Amount: NOT SPECIFIED
© 2015 Midwest Real Estate Data LLC. All rights reserved.
The data relating to real estate for sale on this website comes in part from the Broker Reciprocity program of Midwest Real Estate Data LLC. Real Estate listings held by brokerage firms other than are marked with the MRED Broker Reciprocity logo or the Broker Reciprocity thumbnail logo (the MRED logo) and detailed information about them includes the names of the listing brokers. Some properties which appear for sale on this website may subsequently have sold and may no longer be available. Information Deemed Reliable but Not Guaranteed. The information being provided is for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.